Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Swimming!

We haven't been doing much this summer, but the kids have loved the pool.  Jim Beau will now wear his puddle jumper floatie and loves swimming in the big pool all by himself.   He actually swam in his first swim meet (kickboard) a few weeks ago.   He had an older girl helper in the lane with him, but we didn't realize that he was going to have to jump in at the start.   The other kids were halfway down the pool before Jim Beau had the courage to jump in!  The video isn't great but you can sort of tell when he jumps in because the crowd gives a cheer.  By the end of the race he was loving it and loving all of us cheering for him.


Sister, Jane Ritchie, is doing awesome at swim.  She got first place in freestyle over the weekend and continues to improve.  Must add a video of her on here, too!   This is backstroke from a few weeks ago.  She finished second (only to a boy!).    Excuse momma cheering too loudly in the video!  That's her with the pink goggles.

7 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Mary....
Good job, Jim Beau!! Keep fighting those fears, and swim, swim, swim!! I never learned how!! I was much too distracted!! ;)
Nice work, Jane Richie!! ;-D
--Raelyn

Mary Lou said...

Mary....
It has been over one month since you last posted on this Blog!! I am missing Jim Beau, my Kindred Spirit CDH Buddy!! ;)
--Raelyn

Mary Lou said...

Mary....
It has been well over two months since you last posted on this Blog!! I am missing Jim Beau, my Kindred Spirit CDH Buddy!! How is he doing these days? ;)
--Raelyn

Mary Lou said...

Mary....
It has been over three months since you last posted on this Blog!! I am missing Jim Beau, my Kindred Spirit CDH Buddy!! How is he doing? Staying well and healthy, I hope!! I, personally, just recovered from a little cold.... ;)

Mary Lou said...

Mary....
Happy Halloween!! ;-O
--Raelyn

Mary Lou said...

Mary....
It has been four months since you last posted on this Blog!! I am missing Jim Beau, my Kindred Spirit CDH Buddy!! And his sister!! I hope that everyone is staying healthy!! Have a happy Thanksgiving!! ;)
--Raelyn

Mary Lou said...

Mary, Jim Beau and family....
Happy Thanksgiving, Friends!! ;)
--Raelyn

Post a Comment